Highlights* Explore Cathedral Cove
* Massive caves of the extinct Volcanic Zone
* Ride on the Hahei Explorer through the marine reserve
* Vibrant reefs & marine life along the white-sand shores
* Dig in the sands of Hot Water Beach to sit in own spa pool
Soak in the striking atmosphere of northern New Zealand’s volcanic coastline on this 2-part day trip to the Coromandel Peninsula. Travel by land to the pristine beach of Hot Water beach and dig to make your own spa, and then take to the water to experience the splendour of cliffs, coves, and caves by boat.
Start your day with a convenient pick-up from your Auckland hotel. Head south through rolling farmland and bush-clad hills, winding your way around the Firth of Thames. Travel up the eastern spine of the Coromandel Peninsula to the quaint seaside town of Hahei. Feel a sense of calm wash over you as you look out upon flowering trees, jagged rocks, and white-sand shores that slowly fade into the cerulean sea. Enjoy lunch at a local café at Hot Water Beach , a small, friendly village with a population of just hundreds.
Board the Hahei Explorer for a gentle float through the nature reserve. Glide across the water, taking in views of sharp cliffs, massive caves, and other eroded remnants of the now-extinct volcanic zone. The ride culminates at Cathedral Cove, a spectacular site that’s only accessible by foot or boat.
Small Group tours custom to your friends or family enjoy a kiwi day at the beach
- Guided land and sea tour of Coromandel Peninsula and Cathedral Cove
- Lunch at Hot Water Beach
- Bottled water
- Roundtrip transport to and from your central Auckland hotel
- Live tour commentary provided in English
- Meals and drinks not listed as inclusions
Know Before You Book
- Children aged 4 and younger are not allowed. Children 5-13 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- If you are prone to motion sickness, please take any necessary precautions. Consult a medical professional before taking any medication.
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place
- Maximum group size is 10 people.
- Hotel pick-up is available from most centrally located Auckland hotels. Please arrange pick-up from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel foyer 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.