Highlights* Chance to step into a real The Lord of the Rings film set
* Remarkable 360-degree views of the rolling Kaimai Range
* Opportunity to have a drink at the cosy Green Dragon Inn
* Amazing photo opportunities at the colourful Hobbiton village
* Learn how the film magic was made from a local guide
Step into the world of Middle-earth, the Shire, and Hobbiton as you head to the film set where acclaimed director Peter Jackson brought J.R.R. Tolkien’s beloved books to life. Find out how this once-sleepy sheep farm was turned into a film set and take an up-close look at real sets and props.
Departing from the Shire’s Rest cafe and head out to the Alexander sheep farm, where Hobbiton was recreated in the pasture’s green rolling hills. Spend some time popping into the homes of Bilbo and Frodo, snap photos of the delightfully round doors that lead into underground hobbit homes, and pop into the Green Dragon for a refreshing pint you could only find in the Shire.
Learn how this 12-acre (4.9-ha) piece of land was transformed for the film, consider swinging by the on-site souvenir shop to pick up a precious of your own.
- Guided tour of Hobbiton Film Set
- Admission fees
- 1 Drink at the Green Dragon Inn
- Live tour commentary provided in English
Know Before You Book
- Children 7 and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.