Highlights* Easy, flexible way to explore scenic Waiheke Island
* Convenient stops at top island sights & attractions
* Access to wineries, stunning beaches & restaurants
* Informative commentary from your driver on the bus
* Freedom to hop on & off as many times as you like
Cruise your way around Waiheke’s highlights with a bus pass that makes navigating the island a snap. With the freedom to hop on and off the bus at conveniently located stops, discover the island’s vineyards, restaurants, beaches, and shopping spots entirely at your own pace.
Catch the ferry from Auckland to Waiheke Island, and board the bus at the ferry terminal. Kick back in your seat and enjoy the views from your double-decker seat as you begin your ride around the island. At any of the stops along the way, you’re free to disembark and explore local attractions. Relax on the golden shores of Onetangi Beach, delve into the island’s history at the Waiheke Museum, or sip on fine red and white varietals at renowned wineries like Mudbrick and Stonyridge.
If you prefer, simply stay on board the bus for a picturesque tour of the island. Enjoy your hop-on hop-off privileges into the early evening before catching the ferry back to the mainland.
Route stops include:
- Maitiatia Ferry Terminal
- Oneroa Shops
- Goldie Vineyard
- Ostend Shops
- Stonyridge/Te Motu/Wild on Waiheke
- Waiheke Museum
- Onetangi Beach
- Stonyridge Vineyard
- Batch Winery
- Rangihoua Estate
- 1-day hop-on hop-off bus pass of Waiheke Island
- Unlimited rides within the duration of your pass
- Live tour commentary provided in English
- Admission to sites and attractions along the tour route
Know Before You Book
- Children aged 4 and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Bus opening hours are 9:55 AM–6:15 PM daily. Last departure is at 4:55 PM. Between May and September, buses depart every 60 minutes. Between October and April, buses depart every 30 minutes. Each loop lasts approximately 90 minutes.
- Ferry opening hours vary; please check before you go. The ferry ride from Auckland to Wahieke Island takes approximately 40 minutes.
- Please be ready and waiting 20 minutes prior to your selected ferry departure time.